Outstanding technology delivers outstanding potable water
High-tech comes to the Sauerland region: To supply potable water, Stadtwerke Sundern uses state-of-the-art technology. When the time came to modernise their three waterworks, the first-class quality of ProMinent's products and systems was the deciding factor.
Supplying potable water brings with it responsibility
To satisfy the minimisation requirements of the German Drinking Water Ordinance, water should be treated using as few chemicals as possible. And Stadtwerke Sundern, which supplies around 30,000 residents in over 8,000 households with around 1.3 million cubic metres of hygienically pure potable water every year from eight water extraction systems, wants to do just that. As part of the modernisation work undertaken on its three waterworks, the Stockum-Dörnholthausen supply area became the first in Sundern to use a UV system from ProMinent for chemical-free disinfection. The further stages of potable water treatment are also to be equipped with state-of-the-art technology.
- Annual supply of 1.3 million cubic metres to around 30,000 inhabitants potable water
- Three waterworks modernised with advanced treatment and disinfection technology
- The DVGW (German Association for Gas and Water)-certified UV system Dulcodes for chemical-free disinfection was used for the very first time
The right technology for any job
In the first stage, the precise volume of diluted sodium hydroxide needed to deacidify the soft raw water is added using the Solenoid Driven Metering Pump delta® and the Flow Meter DulcoFlow®. In line with the German Drinking Water Ordinance, the pH is raised from an average of 7.1 to roughly 7.8. Suspended matter is then removed using an ultrafiltration system, cleaned with chemicals on a regular basis. To do this, the Metering Systems DULCODOS® add alkaline and acidic cleaning agents to the backflushing water in turn. The next stage is to disinfect the water. In Sundern this is done with a chlorine dioxide system Bello Zon® because of its good sustained-release effect and in Dornhölthausen for the first time ever no chemicals are involved thanks to a UV system Dulcodes. Tried and tested ProMinent devices from the DULCOMETER® product range for measuring and control technology continuously monitor and control all relevant parameters during the entire treatment and disinfection process.
- Three waterworks successfully modernised
- Year-round supply of hygienic, clean potable water guaranteed
- Strict compliance with the legal requirements of the German Drinking Water Ordinance
- Effective cleaning and disinfection of ultrafiltration systems
- Devices for measuring and control technology (e.g. sensors), metering pumps and disinfection systems work together seamlessly to reduce use of chemicals